Beausejour Daylily Gardens
About Beausejour Daylily Gardens
From humble beginnings in 2002, the Beausejour Daylily Gardens has become a world-class showcase of 600 daylily cultivars, thousands of iris, peonies, lilies, and many ornamental shrubs and trees. As an AHS and CHS display garden, its purpose is to educate the public and showcase modern daylily cultivars.
We're on the global map!
Interested in learning more?
10 Neat Facts about the Beausejour Daylily Gardens
1. The Beausejour Daylily Gardens is the ONLY AHS display gardens on the Prairies. (American Hemerocallis Society)
2. The Beausejour Daylily Gardens is the coldest AHS display garden in the world!
3. We are in a 2b hardiness zone
4. We have 70 volunteers who have adopted sections and maintain it! .
5. The friends of the Beausejour Daylily Committee meet every third Monday of every month.
6. The Beausejour Daylily Gardens showcase over 600 daylily cultivars
7. The BDLG is also a display garden for Iris, Peonies,and Lilies.
8. We have two plant sales every year. 3rd Saturday of May and September
9. The Nifty Nag Dinner and Derby is April 28, 2018.
10. Our website is http://www.beausejourdaylilygardens.com/
BEAUSEJOUR DAYLILY GARDENS SHRUB & TREE INVENTORY 2014
Click here to see a case study of our tree inventory project at Beausejour Daylily Gardens ... the overall health and appearance of the trees, bushes and general grounds. ....an impressive inventory of trees and shrubs surviving in clay soil in a 2B climate .
He who plants a tree
Plants a hope.
WE HAVE A VERY IMPRESSIVE SELECTION OF DWARF SOUR CHERRY TREES GROWING AT THE GARDENS. ROMANCE SERIES. WHAT DO WE DO WITH ALL OF THOSE CHERRIES? MAKE LIQUEUR OF COURSE, OR CHERRY PIE FILLING, OR JAM, OR JUICE.....WE ALSO SELL CHERRIES BY THE CONTAINER WHEN WE HAVE A BUMPER CROP. CHECK BACK IN JULY FOR CHERRY PICKING DATES